How-to: Mini Paper Pennant FlagFriday, October 1, 2010 15:30
I exported the file from Illustrator and saved it as a .jpg. I then opened the file in the Silhouette software and scaled the file to fit on the page within the cutting guides.
I then traced a simple triangle with the line tool in the Silhouette software and duplicated the shape to fit over each flag.
I opened the cut style window to make sure that the cut lines were where they needed to be on the paper.
I then sent the saved file to my inkjet printer directly from the Silhouette software.
Excuse the color, as my printer is running out of color ink, but: Printed!
I then lined up the printed sheet on the adhesive cutting mat and loaded it into the machine.
I lined up the mat with the guides found in the machine. Make sure you really pay attention to these lines to get the cut as close to where is should be as possible. I hit cut in the software, which sends the file to the Silhouette.
After the machine was done cutting, I unloaded the cutting mat and pealed the little cut flags off of the adhesive cutting mat. Then using white glue, I attached two pieces together and glued them to a match that had it’s flammable head removed.
Don’t forget, we’re giving away one of these bad boys. For a chance to win, all’s you have to do is:
- Leave us a comment here.
- Follow us on Twitter and mention this contest in a mention with @hellocraft
- Friend us on Facebook and leave a comment about the contest for us there
- Stop by the Hello Craft booth (#57!) at Crafty Bastards and join our email list there for a chance to win.
That’s right! You have four chances to win! So hop to and good luck. The winner will be announced right here next week!
Only U.S. residents and only one winner per household
Here’s what your playing for:
- A Silhouette machine (a $299.99 value)
- Software for Windows XP/Vista, Mac
- Power cable, USB cable
- Two Cutting mats (one for thick media, one for thin media)
- One cutting blade
- $10 gift card to the Silhouette Online Store
If you decide to purchase a machine before October 4, use the discount code: WORLD to receive:
- $50 off (receive for $249.99)
- Two rolls of Heat transfer ($29.89 value)
- $10 Gift Card to the Silhouette Download Store(Comes in the Box)
- Cutting Blade (Comes in the Box)
- Two Cutting Mats(Comes in the Box)
All for $249.99 (A savings of $79.98)