Show of Awesome Craft PartyFriday, April 24, 2009 9:30
What could make the Summit of Awesome even more awesome? A SHOW of Awesome, that’s what.
On Saturday, May 2nd from 8pm-11pm, Hello Craft will host a Show of Awesome in the back room at Miss Pixies (1626 14th St, NW, Washington, DC 20009). Come party with the craftiest folks in DC! There will be music by Jason Hutto and Shelby Cinca, late night vintage shopping at Miss Pixie’s, a free wine tasting hosted by Dixie Liquors and yummy Cakelove treats.
Shop for crafty goods from these awesome Summit speakers:
- Jenny Hart- Sublime Stitching
- Jaime Zollars
- Rhonda & Elijah Wyman – Figs & Ginger
- Joetta Maue – Little Yellow Bird
- Shauna Alterio & Stephen Loidolt – Something’s Hiding In Here
- Jamie Chan & Blas Hererra – Urban Fauna Studio
- Christy Petterson – abardis
- Kasey and Kelly Evick – Biggs and Featherbelle
- Becky Streipe – Glue and Glitter
- Craftland organizers: DA Metals, If’n Books + Marks, Sewing Stars, Heatherjeany Greetings, Bright Lights Little City and Rainbow Sugar
Plus get info from the organizers of these great indie craft markets:
- Bizarre Bazaar SF
- Brooklyn Indie Market
- Handmade Arcade
- Indie Craft Experience
- Crafty Bastards
The Show of Awesome is free and open to the public and it is the perfect opportunity to scout out that Mother’s Day present you’ve been worrying about.